Borboly Csaba was elected rapporteur on the subject of Sustainable buildings in the Committe of the Regions
Borboly Csaba was elected rapporteur on the subject of sustainable buildings in the Committe of the Regions during the Environment, Climate Change and Energy Commission’s (ENVE) meeting in Brusseles on 19th June. The president of Harghita County Council is an active member 2012, and he well present his opinion on the subject at the end of 2014, and if it will be voted, he will present it also during a plenary session, taking place at the beginning of 2015.
News regarding the rapporteur activity:
– Bad news for multinational companies interested in exploring Transilvanian forests
– European Union promotes resource-efficient constructions
– Consultation on the report for the Committee of Region
– Consultation with building engineers on the report for the Committee of Region
– Using local knowledge also in the case of sustainable buildings
– Importance of supporting new investments for sustainable buildings
– The rapporteur consultation of CoR member Borboly Csaba continues on the subject of sustainable buildings
– Article about the rapporteur consultations in the Romanian Cor newsletter: Sesiune consultativă cu Csaba Borboly (RO/PPE – ENVE), raportor al avizului “Oportunitățile de utilizare eficientă a resurselor în sectorul clădirilor”
– Key role for the use of traditional technology in sustainable construction
– The draft opinion whose rapporteur is Borboly Csaba it is mentioned in the January-February EPP Newsletter of the CoR
Activity plan for the rapporteur:
1. During the months of July and August 2014 a series of consultations were organized with local experts
– 27th August 2014: Professional discussion with members of the Technical Committee of Territorial Planning and Urbanism, Miercurea Ciuc
– 1st September 2014: Architect forum, Miercurea Ciuc
– 19th September 2014: Consultation with building engineers, Miercurea Ciuc
2. The first step regarding the international debates is the consultation of Directorates-General of the European Commission, you can read the letters adressed to the representatives below:
– Directorate-General Enterprise and Industry (ENTR)
– Directorate-General Climate Action (CLIMA)
– Directorate-General Energy (ENER)
– The opinion of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers from Britain
3. International level consulations:
– 22nd September 2014: Consultation with the Committee of Economic and Social Committee (EESC), the Directorate General for Environment (DG ENV) and the Directorate General for Enterprise and Industry (DG ENTR) of the European Commission, Brussels
– 16-17 October 2014: External meeting of the Environment, Climate Change and Energy Commission, Emilia-Romagna, Italy. The working document can be downloaded here: Resource efficiency opportunities in the building sector
– 23rd October 2014: Stakeholder consultation, Brusseles. More details can be found on the website of the Committe of the Region on the following link: “Resource efficiency opportunities in the building sector” – Stakeholder consultation by Rapporteur Mr BORBOLY Csaba (RO/EPP – ENVE)
– 20th November 2014: Meeting with Mr. Eduardas KAZAKEVICIUS, policy officer from DG CLIMA, European Commission
– 25th February 2015: Meeting with reprezentative of the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy
4. Comission debate: on the 11th December 2014 during the Environment, Climate Change and Energy Commission meeting the draft opinion will be discussed and voted. You can download the draft opinion, the rapporteur’s amendments and the commission members’ amendments. The updated version of the draft opinion, accepted by the ENVE Commission, can be downloaded here.
5. Plenary session: on 17 April 2015 the draft opinion was voted during the 111th plenary session of the Committee of the Regions
Final opinion: Resource efficiency opportunities in the building sector
Expert: appointment by the Committee of the Regions dr. Csák László will be the expert of the rapporteur, director of the CDC Consulting Ltd, who had earlier help Borboly Csaba with the CoR opinion on the Commission’s Communication (COM 499).
In addition to the expert, the colleagues of the President’s Cabinet and the Analytic group will help to compose the report: Bálint-Miklóssy Enikő, Dobos Erika and Gál Tünde.
After-life of the rapporteur work
Possibility of making remarks:
Please write your suggestions and opinions below or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.